The whole site is SSL encrypted and our servers are compliant with the highest privacy standards. The cookies we do collect on this site ensure everything is working smoothly for you. They are classified as ‘strictly necessary cookies‘. These must be present to enable access to features of the site such as signing in, adding items to a cart, making payments etc.
Our commitment to not track and our declaration in our footer was inspired by Laura Kalbag. If you’re interested in privacy, tracking and the like read her blog.
Girl Grease is committed to respecting your privacy. We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained via the link to the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, payment details and phone number.
This Personal Information is obtained via our website girlgrease.com. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to you and providing you with relevant communications about the brand. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time via a link in our enewsletters, the member area in our app It’s Just a Phase® ,or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
We may collect the following types of Personal Information for shipping:
- Delivery address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Credit card information;
- Details of the product and services we have provided to you;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other information that identifies an individual that may be required to be collected in the course of our services.
For email marketing purposes we may collect;
- First Name;
- Zodiac sign;
- Email address.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the follow purposes:
- To enable you access and use our website and its features and to personalise our website content for you including your regional and language preferences;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and the user experience;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, updates, security alerts and information requested by you;
- If you have subscribed to a Membership Service, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that we think may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users; and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We collect the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Required to enable access, use and movement around the website and all its features. These Cookies are necessary for shopping baskets or delivery instructions and other key features.
- Performance Cookies: Used to collect information about how visitors use the website. These cookies track which pages are most visited, error messages and frequency of these instances. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor but rather the visitor’s experience.
- Functionality Cookies: Used to enable the website to record choices made, such as region, language and other options you may make in the course of use of the website. For our website in particular, these cookies allow the moon phase to be shown accurately. They provide for enhanced and personal features such as remember changes to font size etc. This information is stored and is anonymised.
The cookies we collect are all used to improve the website experience better and they are anonymous without identification.
You may subscribe to any of the following Membership Services from our website:
- eNewsletter Subscription. To subscribe to receive our enewsletter we record your name, email address, and zodiac sign.
- Membership Subscription via It’s Just a Phase® . To become a basic member we record your name, email address and zodiac sign. Members can opt-in to receive eNewsletters.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. We do not collect this type of information on our site.
The information you type in on our app is stored on our secure servers based in the USA. We never access this information and we do not send it on.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. We never send it on to third parties.
Where you have subscribed to our enewsletter or if you are a member via our app, we may send you marketing communications and information about our products from time to time. You may opt-out of receiving these marketing materials at any time via your membership login on your app, via emails from us or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used in circumstances of the following:
- Only to third parties where you have been made explicitly aware and only after you have consented to the disclosure in the course of providing services to you; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
We will store your Personal Information in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. www.girlgrease.com data is stored on a server in Singapore, whereas all app data for It’s Just a Phase® is stored in the USA.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. We preserve Personal Information in relation to purchases for a minimum of 7 years as requested by Australian law.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, via your membership login via It’s Just a Phase®. If you cannot access your Personal Information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we will require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as you can so we can update our records.
This Policy may change from time to time and is always available on our website.